Wednesday 17 June 2020

Tooth needs replaced

There is a reason why many people are absolutely afraid of the dentist.  Many of them are nonsensical reasons but many of them are legitimate true fears.  Personally, my worst nightmares consist of tooth issues.  I dream many nights that I am getting a loose tooth or that I have actually lost a tooth and fear grips me like no other.  In reality I know that if I lost a tooth it would be an expensive and painful time and that always translates into my dreams as well. I am afraid of the cost and the intense pain that is always present in the idea of a missing tooth.  So what happens if you really do need a tooth to be replaced. What is the best route to do it and how much might it really be? Well this is a topic that I wanted to cover personally because I was a bit afraid of it myself.

The first thing to check into are the options available.  The first is simply the easiest one.  Let it go and don't do a single thing.  Some people look good with missing teeth or at least they look artistic, but I personally know I would look terrible with a missing tooth and would not be able to stand the idea of simply having a giant gap in my mouth.  Knowing that this would simply not be an acceptable option for me I would probably move for the least expensive fix. So what is that?

The least expensive way to fix a missing tooth is to replace it with dentures.  This means that your teeth are now a daily routine of glueing a tooth into your mouth every morning and taking it out at night.  This is socially acceptable when out and about but it also means that you are going to look like a buck toothed person at home.  That could really destroy your dating game or marriage life if you are married. Many spouses are visual people and that simply could be a big issue. So the least expensive fix may not be the right answer for some.  So what is the best option?

I happen to think the best option is getting a permanent dental implant.  This costs a little bit more but I am told it is also the best feeling. And looking and feeling natural is important to me.  So this is the option I would opt for.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Road Trip Dental Options

It is now summer time and many people are starting to plan for their next vacation.  The covid-19 pandemic just occured, but it seems to be ...